NOTE: This pump is designed for minimum maintenance. The motor bearings are self-lubricating. Inspect the pump and components regularly for fuel leaks and make sure the hose and power cord are in good condition. Keep the pump exterior clean to help identify leaks.
IMPORTANT: Do not use this pump for water, chemicals or herbicides. Dispensing any fluid other than those listed in this manual (see BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Fueling Requirements at front of manual) may damage the pump. The use of the pump with unauthorized fluids will void the warranty.
- 5mm & 10mm Hex Wrench
- Nitrile Gloves
- Clean Cloth
- Light Grease
- Turn the pump OFF and disconnect from power.
- Using a 5mm Hex wrench, remove the coverplate from the pump.
- With a 10mm Hex wrench, remove the pipe plug from the coverplate, and remove the bypass poppet spring, O-ring, bypass poppet and orifice seal (see Figure 13).
- Inspect the O-ring and replace it as necessary.
NOTE: Replace O-ring if damaged, swollen or loose-fitting (see Seal Kit).
- With a clean cloth, wipe the poppet components and replace them.
- Before seating, coat O-ring with light grease.
- Reinstall coverplate, fastening bolts securely using an “X” pattern.
More G20 Maintenance: